UK Roads - Traffic & Cameras Mobile App
See at a glance traffic incidents affecting the main roads of England, Scotland & Wales.
UK Roads is the number one UK traffic app and the ONLY app to show live traffic incidents and over 3,000 traffic cameras from across the UK.
It was initially launched in 2011 for iOS (iPhone and iPad) and each year is updated with more features and traffic cameras. The Android version was launched in 2020.
- England: Highways Agency for all motorways and main trunk roads, 2,093 traffic cameras
- Scotland: Traffic Scotland, 304 traffic cameras
- Wales: Traffic Wales, 250 traffic cameras
- London: TfL (Transport for London), 911 traffic cameras with short video clips
- Essex: 35 cameras
- Greater and Central Manchester: 63 traffic cameras
- Tyne & Wear: 261 traffic cameras
- Tamar Crossing: 2 traffic cameras
- Today screen widget on iOS to show at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents
Incident List Screen
- Shows current incidents in order of distance from your current location (closest incidents are shown first).
- Each incident is colour-coded to indicate the severity of the delay.
- You can quickly see the distance the incident is from you, the road name, the type of incident and when the incident info was updated.
- The detail view for each incident shows the description of the incident together with a map showing the exact location of the incident.
- Shows current incidents and traffic cams.
- Each incident is colour coded as well as being represented by an icon showing the incident type.
- Clicking on an incident displays more detail right there on the map.
- The map view can also show live traffic camera images.
- Touch a camera icon to view a live camera image.
- Most are recent still images; the cameras covering London show a recent video clip (iOS only, Android coming soon)
- Save your favourite cameras for quick access to see how clear/congested your usual routes are (iOS only)