UK Roads - Traffic News & Cameras iOS App
See at a glance traffic incidents affecting the main roads of England, Scotland & Wales.
Visit App Store »
UK Roads is the number one UK traffic app on the iOS App Store and the ONLY app to show live traffic incidents, roadworks and over 3,000 traffic cameras from across the UK.
It was initially launched in 2011 and each year is updated with more features, traffic cameras and tested on the latest release of iOS.
- England: Highways Agency for all motorways and main trunk roads, 2,089 traffic cameras
- Scotland: Traffic Scotland, 304 traffic cameras
- Wales: Traffic Wales, 250 traffic cameras
- London: TfL (Transport for London), 911 traffic cameras with short video clips
- Essex: 35 cameras
- Greater and Central Manchester: 63 traffic cameras
- Tyne & Wear: 252 traffic cameras
- Tamar Crossing: 2 traffic cameras
- Today screen widget to show at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents
- Optimised for all iPhone and iPad models; fully tested on iOS9, iOS10, iOS11, iOS12 and iOS13.
Latest Release (December 2018)
- Updated for iOS12
- Updated for new iPhones (XS, XS Max and XR)
Incident List Screen
- Shows current incidents in order of distance from your current location (closest incidents are shown first).
- Each incident is colour-coded to indicate the severity of the delay.
- You can quickly see the distance the incident is from you, the road name, the type of incident and when the incident info was updated.
- The detail view for each incident shows the description of the incident together with a map showing the exact location of the incident.
- Shows current incidents and traffic cams.
- Each incident is colour coded as well as being represented by an icon showing the incident type.
- The map can be viewed full screen to give a clearer picture of where incidents are.
- Clicking on an incident displays more detail right there on the map.
- The map view can also show live traffic camera images.
- The map is a standard iOS Map with pan/pinch to zoom etc.
- Toggle show/hide the cameras on the map.
- Touch a camera icon to view a live camera image.
- Most are recent still images; the cameras covering London show a recent video clip.
- Save your favourite cameras for quick access to see how clear/congested your usual routes are.