UK Roads - Traffic News & Cameras iOS App
See at a glance traffic incidents affecting the main roads of England, Scotland & Wales.
Visit App Store »
- England: Highways Agency for all motorways and main trunk roads, 2,029 cameras
- Scotland: Traffic Scotland, 274 cameras
- Wales: Traffic Wales, 197 cameras
- London: TfL (Transport for London), 918 cameras with video clips
- Tyne & Wear: 125 cameras
- Today screen widget to show at a glance the nearest current traffic incidents
- Optimised for all iPhone and iPad models; fully tested on iOS9, iOS11 and iOS11.
Latest Release (December 2017)
- Updated for iOS11 and the new iPhone X (looks and works brilliantly on the iPhone X!!).
- Option to use miles or kilometres.
- New iPad toolbar.
Incident List Screen
- Shows current incidents in order of distance from your current location (closest incidents are shown first).
- Each incident is colour-coded to indicate the severity of the delay.
- You can quickly see the distance the incident is from you, the road name, the type of incident and when the incident info was updated.
- The detail view for each incident shows the description of the incident together with a map showing the exact location of the incident.
- Shows current incidents and traffic cams.
- Each incident is colour coded as well as being represented by an icon showing the incident type.
- The map can be viewed full screen to give a clearer picture of where incidents are.
- Clicking on an incident displays more detail right there on the map.
- The map view can also show live traffic camera images.
- The map is a standard iOS Map with pan/pinch to zoom etc.
- Toggle show/hide the cameras on the map.
- Touch a camera icon to view a live camera image.
- Most are recent still images; the cameras covering London show a recent video clip.
- Save your favourite cameras for quick access to see how clear/congested your usual routes are.